• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Peter Jacobson for "Red Winged Burl Bowl" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 29, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
Poise
Robbie Graham

Poise

Poise
Eucalyptus sp? Possibly one of the blue gums, NZ grown.
Height: 360mm (14-1/2")
Wall Thickness of vessels:1-2mm (1/6-3/32")

Multi axis turned piece. I have been working on this piece for about 4 months off and on. I had intended displaying it horizontally but it is more dramatic standing up on its end. What do you think?
This piece is on the same theme as my Dream Catcher series.
I have attached a slide show making the piece.
http://www.wildwoodgallery.co.nz/poise.slide.show.htm
Comment and critiques welcome.
Robbie,
That's one involved process. It gives an appreciation for the work that went into it. What I like about the work is that it will still intrigue a non-wood background person. I mean that in the sense of "how did he do it". For me, it's also inviting the viewer to explore. If I saw that on a pedestal (same angle as the picture), I would have to walk around to see the other sides.

Nice work
Dave

Thanks Dave, yes it was an involved proses but I like a challenge! My wife thinks I like doing the nearly imposable. Robbie

Once again, a truly original and beautiful piece, but I can't decide if I'm more inspired or intimidated!

Really enjoyed your slideshow showing the progress. Kind of like working on an airplane propeller. No room for error on this project. It was great to be able to see the views of the finished project from the other perspectives as well. I definitely like the vertical orientation, but I think I might like it even more if it was displayed point down. (I flipped the picture in photoshop and I thought it looked really neat). Great job however you display it.

Ed

Hi Ed, thanks for the comments. I hadn't thought of turning it up the other way, may be on the next piece. Robbie

Thanks grey hackle. Why intimidated?

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Robbie Graham
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata