• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Jim Hills for "Journey II" being selected as Turning of the Week for May 6th, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.
My first attempt at Natural Edge
Richard Kennedy

My first attempt at Natural Edge

Ok I know this doesn't look exciting but for me its a big leap into the dark. I post this because I am so excited about my new found romance with green wood. I know I know there is nothing new or exciting about it really but wait! For me I haven't done any green work before. I have always used kiln dried wood Daft yes but there you go so this is the second green piece I have made and the first natural edge bowl I would imagine there is a high possibility of it splitting but at this moment I am like a kid in a toy shop. I came in from the workshop today soaking wet with a big grin on my face.

Anyway I will let you make you minds up on this I just wanted to share with the world a little happiness regardless of the quality of the finished article!

Richard
I'm betting most folks are thinking "graceful" just as I am. Beautiful piece. Very glad it put a smile on your face too. I get that feeling a lot and it's very rewarding. No offense, but just because you haven't added your usual delicate piercing work to it, it doesn't make it any less beautiful. Keep having fun!!
Don L.

very nice

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Richard Kennedy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings